Organization: Centre for Social Impact Technology
Time Commitment: Flexible, minimum of 5 hours per week
Overview: The Centre for Social Impact Technology (CSIT) is a nonprofit organization that leverages technology to address social challenges in communities around the world. We are seeking a Grant Writing Volunteer to support our fundraising efforts by researching, writing, and submitting grant proposals to foundations, corporations, and other potential funding sources.
- Research funding opportunities and identify potential grant prospects that align with CSIT’s mission and programs.
- Write grant proposals and letters of inquiry, following the funder’s guidelines and requirements.
- Work closely with CSIT’s program staff to develop proposals that accurately reflect the organization’s needs, goals, and impact.
- Edit and proofread proposals to ensure accuracy, clarity, and coherence.
- Keep track of deadlines and submission requirements, and ensure that proposals are submitted on time.
- Communicate with funders and follow up on proposals as needed.
- Provide regular updates to CSIT’s leadership team on grant writing activities and progress.
- Strong writing and research skills
- Familiarity with grant writing and fundraising processes
- Attention to detail and ability to follow guidelines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with CSIT’s team
- Interest in social impact and technology
- Opportunity to gain hands-on experience in grant writing and fundraising for a nonprofit organization.
- Work remotely and on a flexible schedule.
- Connect with a community of like-minded individuals committed to social impact and technology.
- Build your resume and develop your skills in writing, research, and nonprofit management.
To apply: Please submit your resume, a brief cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for the role, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.